Monday 12 July 2010

Corserine and the Rhinns of Kells


I hummed and hawed about whether to make the drive down to Forrest Lodge, given that the forecast wasn't the best. However, Em was busy with her folks so I powered down the A77 and A713 to park up by 1045. Drizzle and low clag. Nae the best. However, by the time I had made the wander through the forest and emerged on to the open hillside, it had cleared quite a bit. The summit trig point of Corserine was situated not far from the sweeping North corrie and as the cloud lifted, I could make out the Merrick and some other cracking hills and lochs scattered to the West. The route over the Rhinns was obvious and I bounded down and up over Millfire, Milldown and Meikle Millyea. A quick descent off the latter led me back to the forest, just as the sun came out. Typical. A long track back to Professor Hans Hoiberg's road had me back at the car in 4.5 hours. The solitude in the forest was at times a little unnerving but enjoyable nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment