Friday 11 March 2011

Up the Sow



On my way to Macduff, I decided to stop off at Dalnaspidal and make a quick ascent of the Sow of Atholl. I had driven past it often enough but today, I'd add it to the collection. It was a cauld wind and I layered up before making my way over the track, bridges and began to the climb over the heathery tussocks. Easy to start off with and a lovely day but the threat of snow was evident and as I got to 600m, it began to blizzard. There were no route-finding problems but I could feel the snow accumulate on my beard and my self-portrait extolled the benefits of having such fuzz during Winter. I touched the summit and returned promptly. As is typical, I was halfway down and the snow stopped and the sun came out. Nice to get out and blow away the cobwebs though and at 2 hours 20, a nice wee jaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment