Sunday 17 April 2011

Meall an Fhudair


Parked just off the A82 and began the steep wee pad up the land rover track. I passed a herd of coos and they seemed non-plussed as I headed round towards the pylons. I then headed straight up on to Troisgeach. There wasn't much to commend this hill and once I got on to the plateau, I could still see I had another 1.5 miles of walking across boggy ground with hunners o lochains. They were full of frogs 'getting it oan' and I continued onwards leaving them to it. Once, at the summit, there was a cold, wee wind and I built the shelter a little bit higher, while taking in Beinn Bhuidhe and Loch Sloy. Beinn Damhain was across to the South and I made my way back over towards it before dropping down to the Lairig Arnan and meeting up with the original land rover track. I scared a small herd of deer and watched as they bounded effortlessly away to the West. It was quite moving, to again feel so very organic. A fine little pad. Good for the very remote feeling one has at its summit.

No comments:

Post a Comment