Saturday 16 June 2012

The Auch 3 of 5

It was hot. As hot a day as i can remember in recent times. At 25C, at 0900, I was perhaps a little optimistic that I could do the Auch 5 but I'd see how the day panned out. The climb up Beinn Odhar was more or less straight up and within the hour, I was at the cairn. Great visibility and a welcome breeze. Not so great were the two cans of Carlsberg tucked away in the cairn. I hope if someone Googles Carlsberg and Beinn Odhar, it comes up with arseholes. You'll know who you are. It was a fair descent and re-ascent over to Chaorach and en route, I came across a freshly decomposing sheep. It looked rather malevolent with its blackened face and empty orbital sockets. How morbid. I would later find a dead lamb but chose not to photograph it. The walk over to Cam Chreag was quick and I had bagged the 3 Corbetts in a little over 3 hours. However, I had only taken a couple of litres of water on this trip and was drinking a lot. I decided to leave the last 2 Corbetts for Winter and head down whereupon I happened across a hirpling gentleman. I asked if he was okay and he wasn't. I offered to drive him back to Tyndrum but as he was ultimately heading to Glasgow, I offered to drive him back there. Enjoyed meeting Ann's Bob and good to make your acquaintance - hope you enjoyed your pint in the Admiral! Glad to be the adjuvant.

No comments:

Post a Comment