Saturday 28 July 2012

The 50th - Morven


Having initially never been interested in the hills less than 3000 ft, I have had a real change of heart since I set foot on the Cobbler and Stac Pollaidh. I am the converted and I'll do the preaching. Heading home to see my folks for a weekend, I perused the hills in the North-East, which were yet to be done and because I'm a little bit OCD for numbers, I was happy to hit my 50th Corbett on Morven. A late start meant that I was away from work at 1207 and at Logie Coldstone for 1500. It didn't turn out to be as relaxed a walk for several reasons. After having started, at about 300m, I looked back down to see a pursuer. Secondly, any momentary pause was taken advantage of by invertebrates, which either wanted my sweat or my blood. I therefore motored to the top in just over an hour and 10 minutes and pointed out to a local couple from Aboyne that they must sign the log book. And deposit some money. "How will I know you won't pinch it?" she jokingly said. Reason 3 to get down before these folk did in order to retain my sense of propriety and bonhomie. And so a quick run off the hill saw me at the car in 2 hours. I had a little time to appreciate Mount Keen and Bennachie in the distance but I'll definitely return for the 'big hill' in Winter, in order to fully take in this wee gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment