Saturday 20 April 2013

Beinn Iaruinn

After a business trip to Inverness, I was hoping to nab Gairich on the way back down but inclement weather put paid to that. The cloud level was sitting at about 850m and so I scratched my heid, wondering what I could do. Glen Roy sprang to mind as I hadn't done anything up there and the long and winding road brought me to the bottom of Beinn Iaruinn. I remember the SMC book saying it was straight up. It was. However, the good thing was the rapid height gained and looking over to the glen, I could see the Parallel Roads stretching the length of the glen, as well as future hills. Once past the steep ascent, I made my way round the coire rim to the large cairn and sat just out of the wind. It was a nice place to have some food and relax. I reversed my route but came down the stream-bed, between the Graham, Leana Mhor. I didn't know it was a Graham, otherwise I would have tagged it on. No matter, I'll be back into the area to mop up in future years.

No comments:

Post a Comment