Tuesday 14 July 2015

Ben Vrackie - doggy style

It's been a good while since I took to the large hills with Winnie, our Frenchie. On this occasion, we would make for the 840m peak, which is Ben Vrackie, near Pitlochry. Starting at 250m, this would be nearly 2000ft of ascent for the pot-bellied dug. I needn't have worried, as she bounded up and down in less than 3 hours. Indeed, the only main obstacle was a stepping stone, which she was petrified of. I eventually had to lift her up and carry across 3 feet of open water, a chasm, ready to wash away any FB which ventured on to the hill. I really enjoyed this hill. Great views, a good path and an interesting route. We were first to the top and enjoyed chatting to those on ascent. I noticed in one of my photos a couple holding hands as they walked along the loch-side. Aw.



No comments:

Post a Comment