Tuesday 21 November 2017

Beinn Stacath (and Creag Mhor)

 
I was able to have breakfast with the family before I left this morning. No need to sneak out and be silent. Consequently, I arrived just before Ballimore farm at 0800 and knew that I'd be privy to a cold approach. However, this was to develop into a fantastic run across these two hills, once I was up and on to Creag Mhor, the Graham. From Ballimore farm and the emerging sunrise over Benvane, I began the rise over Creag Mhor (what a steep pad). Eventually I found the two stones sitting on a large boulder (the smallest cairn ever?) and took a moment to breathe in the views. Surprisingly, Lochearnhead was still in shadow and was undoubtedly a few degrees colder than my present sunny clime. 
 
I began the descent down to the bealach between Creag Mhor and Beinn Stacath. There were considerable numbers of deer here and they scattered quickly before I could take some snaps. Then began the last major climb of the day but I felt very fit and things soon levelled off. Once again, the ground hardened and it was a joy to run with views across to Stob Binnein. I even had a fox accompany me up over point 701m. Perhaps a first on the hills. Once up at the trig point of Beinn Stacath, the sky began to change and it was an odd hue, looking over to Ben Ledi and beyond (Dumgoyne and even Tinto in the distance). All that was left was to descend off the Eastern ridge and down the snaking land rover track before a simple run back to the car. 2 hours 55 minutes and 10 miles of trip.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment