Thursday 4 October 2018

Carn Ealasaid

On the way up to mum's, I fancied a wee run in the hills and I still had a few Corbetts left in the area. Can Ealasaid gets a bad press and has been described as boring but I rarely (if ever) consider a hill sojourn to be boring. I parked at Corgarff castle car park and noticed how windy it was. I was running light and fair motored round to Loinherry, where I bade 'good morning' to a man fixing his roof. I stuck with the landrover track the whole way up and thought I could see a tractor near the summit. The wind was very strong and from the north so I was glad for the layering. The wind was whistling through the tractor, making an eerie whine. I ran further on to the summit and looked across at the tors on distant Beinn Avon. The sun was beautiful but I didn't hand around. I had the unusual phenomenon of running faster uphill, rather than downhill at one point. I eventually decided to head off the nose of the hill and down direct to Loinherry, where I stumbled across this wee slate quarry with two cairns and a wee howff. From here, it was a nice wee run back to the car and all done in 1 hour 35 for an 11km route. Fair enjoyed this wee hill.


No comments:

Post a Comment