Tuesday 30 October 2018

Meall Ligiche

I had recently celebrated my birthday and was lucky enough to receive some money, which I had managed to invest in a pair of Scarpa boots. At £175, the boots were not cheap but they were damn comfy and a 13 mile route was dispatched with the greatest of ease. It had been a good few years since I'd walked this way while heading up Sgor na-h Ulaidh. None of it really came back to me except the start. I enjoyed the wonder up the glen but it was cold. I was glad for all the gear I had packed but I started to warm up once I began the climb proper. At the bealach between Meall Ligiche and Meall Mor, it was easy to see how combining the Corbett and 2 Grahams would be possible. However, I had told Mrs P I'd only be doing the Corbett and didn't want to take the piss. I also had an important call to field later that afternoon, which could well affect the rest of my career.

The views across to Sgorr a Choise and Beinn a Bheithir were outstanding but it wasn't until I got on to the ridge proper of my intended target that the full grandeur of Glencoe came to the fore. And as for that wind! Brutal. I stood at the summit and drank it all in. Views out to Mull, the craggy face of Sgorr na-h Ulaidh and Fraochaidh away in the distance. A route taking in Sgorr a Choise and that Corbett/Graham combo would be a grand wild camping trip. One for the future. Winter is here though and it could well be here to stay with a vengeance.




No comments:

Post a Comment